Last Revised: January 26th 2017
Our commitment to Privacy
What information is collected
i) We collect the following Information from you:
We use a third party service for registration on our App and Website ("Firebase"). During registration process, Users have to provide Firebase with their e-mail, full name and password or certain information from their social media profiles, such as their social username, user id, profile photo or friends list
Sporteventus reserves the right to reject any registration request at its sole discretion.
Users have the obligation to state truthfully, accurately and fully your up-to-date Information in the registration process. If your Information is not in compliance with these provisions or if Sporteventus has reasonable suspicions that your Information is not in accordance with these provisions, Sporteventus has the right to reject your application for registration or to suspend or terminate immediately your Account without prior notice. You agree that you have no right to any compensation for the rejection of your application.
ii) Other Information
Web-navigation data and IP addresses
We automatically track and collect certain non-personal information such as device id, IP addresses etc. We use this information for our App's functionality as well as to do internal research on our Visitors' and Users' demographics, interest, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve you and our community.
Regarding your mobile device:
We collect its OS version, device model, region, language and timezone, as well as the device token.
Opt-Out: Users may opt-out by choosing to not receive push notifications.
Regarding your geolocation:
We collect your device's latitude and longitude, while Users use the app in order to be able to suggest sports events to users based on your geolocation.
Opt-Out: Users may opt-out by choosing not to share their geolocation.
Regarding the advertising identified (IDFA) (Users can opt-out):
We collect your IDFA in order to:
- attribute the App installation to a previously served advertisement; and
- attribute an action taken within the App to a previously served advertisement,
We confirm that the App and any third party that interfaces with this App, use the IDFA's checks and honor a User's Limit Ad Tracking setting in iOS and, when it is enabled by a User, the App does not use IDFA, and any information obtained through the use of the IDFA, in any way other than for "Limited Advertising Purposes" as defined in the iOS Developer Program License Agreement.
Activity and behaviour information
We collect information about your activity and behaviour on the App and Website.
You consent to our access to and collection of such information described as above under clause 2.
How the information is used
We treat all Information according to Delaware, US law.
We use your Information as follows:
- We use your Information in order to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our TOU; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple Visitors' and Users' to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your Information to identify Visitors and Users using multiple usernames or aliases. We may compare and review your Information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
- We use the e-mail that you provided us, in order to send you newsletters in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter e-mail.
- We may use Users' Information in order to provide benchmark analysis and aggregate statistics to Visitors and Users based on the choice of Events. This particular Information will be anonymized, will not contain personal identification and will not be transferred or sold to third parties in any way or format that identifies you.
- We use Website navigation data to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Website navigation data alone or in combination with your Information to provide aggregated information about Sporteventus.
- We collect the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses to track and aggregate your non-personal information when you use our App and Website. We use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our App and Website. Your IP-address is also registered for statistical purposes and to better our advertising and layout of the App and Website.
Use of Information by third parties
- We make reasonable efforts to make sure that Visitors and Users who use our Services, will use the information available to them solely for our Services' purposes. However, we can not control their use of that information outside this scope and we are not responsible for such unauthorized uses.
- Sporteventus reserves its right to share your Information with a third party in case of sale merger, control changes, reorganization or liquidation of the company, Sporteventus Inc., its subsidiaries or branches. All actions will naturally be completed in compliance with applicable laws of personal data and privacy.
How your information is protected
- All our employees, independent contractors and agents have executed non-disclosure agreements, which provide explicit confidentiality protections. Any employee, independent contractor or agent who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- We do not make any of your Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes. Sporteventus's software runs on individual servers and no data given or collected is shared with other social media platforms.
- Please note that no transmission over the internet can guarantee confidentiality and non-disclosure, and as such, you transmit at your own risk.
- Sporteventus uses robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of data. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your Information, using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Information is safe, secure, and only available to you and to whom you have granted access. Sporteventus also implements other advanced technology measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
- We do not tolerate Spam. To report Sporteventus-related spam please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our TOU. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content of the App and Website, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
- Sporteventus does its utmost to secure communications and data storage in order to protect confidentiality of your Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your Information. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account's username and password.
How the information is stored
We save your Information in our database in order to improve our App's and Website's and user experience and in accordance with our TOU. If you wish that your Information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us at email@example.com.
Sporteventus is using cookies to improve your experience of our App and Website.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your web browser that allows Sporteventus or a third party to recognize you. Cookies might be used for the following purposes: (1) to enable certain functions; (2) to provide analytics; (3) to store your preferences; and (4) to enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising.
Cookies placed by the website you are visiting are sometimes called "first party cookies," while cookies placed by other companies are sometimes called "third party cookies".
When you visit or register on our Website, Sporteventus servers send a "first party cookie" to your computer's or mobile phone's web browser in order to determine your location and use the appropriate language for our Services. You can delete these cookies at any time through your web browser settings. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify an individual. Cookies merely recognize the web browser. Unless an individual chooses to identify himself/herself to Sporteventus, such as through registering and opening an Account, individuals remain anonymous to Sporteventus.
We cooperate with law enforcement authorities, as well as with other third parties, to enforce laws, intellectual property rights and to prevent fraud. In response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose your name, e-mail address and App and Website use history, with or without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, we will not disclose your Information to any law enforcement or other governmental officials without a subpoena or court order, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect our rights, enforce our policies, respond to claims that your use of our Services violates Sporteventus's policies or rights or others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.